Short testimony of a friend about his Ramadan experience.

Short testimony of a friend about his Ramadan experience. 

One thing I still clearly remember growing up as an active Muslim. 

I could hardly wait for the month of Ramadan, among many reasons such as having great foods, more fellowship with relatives, exchanging gifts, and buying quality clothes, but the main reason for waiting was that, in this month, Allah becomes more merciful. One good deed brings 70 x more blessings. I would always try to take full advantage and do as much good acts as possible and seek forgiveness for my sins.

Even after doing all of this, to be honest, I never felt or experienced the peace and satisfaction that my good deeds had been accepted and that I was forgiven. In addition, the more that I tried to do well, the more I realised that I am failing. Living life with uncertainty had much effect on my life and I began to look for other ways to experience forgiveness and assurance of eternal life. For example, I tried to give more to charity, pray more and share Islam with others, but still no assurance of being forgiven.

On the last Friday of Ramadan, called “Jumma tul Wida” (farewell of Ramadan), almost every concerned Muslim would cry at the thought that the next 11 months will not bring them 70 X times blessings, and pray that Allah should rather give them death on this day, in order that they may experience less judgment and less punishment in grave.

Even in the last 10 days of Ramadan, many Muslim men go to mosque and stay there, away from everything, to get as much blessings as possible. Woman do the same at home. What I mean is that Muslims try to do their best to be forgiven and to be as close to heaven as they can get. 

The sad thing, in my personal experience and in discussion with hundreds of Muslims, is that not a single Muslim could ever claim that he/she is forgiven and  certain of eternal life. 

The reason that I am sharing this with you is that as a son and daughter of Most High God, we know where we belong, we are sure of being forgiven by Christ's atonement made possible on the Cross, we know that we cannot do enough good deeds to surprise God, and we don’t need to do that as God has made a way. But Muslims need to know the same message of Grace and have the same assurance of eternal life that we have, by believing exclusively in Christ the Messiah and for what HE has done. We are privileged to have a Heavenly Father who is not only merciful in a certain month or a selected day, but HE is gracious everyday, waiting for people to put their trust in His Son.

Therefore I am inviting you to share the good news of Jesus Christ with people who do not know HIM, to help those new believers with a Muslim background to grow in the knowledge of Christ through discipleship, so that they can be more like Christ. Let us pray to God to put more doubt and uncertainty in Muslims' hearts, so as to seek the true God and HIS provision of eternal life, through Christ Jesus the Lord.

Blessings

Rehan

Dear Muslim friend,
May I ask: if you die today, are you sure of eternal live in heaven?
❓Your good works may just be not enough or ❓your Allah may be in a bad mood even after all your good works. Then he send you to hell fire.
(Read the post underneath for more bad news according to your religion, eisjh)
✔️As a believer in the Biblical Good News of the Gospel, I am sure of eternal life in Christ Jesus. (read John 3:16 CEB)
❤️"God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him won’t perish but will have eternal life."
😊If you want to learn more, go to...

No comments:

Most Popular Posts of last 7 Days