Can one reconcile the beliefs of Christianity and Islam?

Answer to the remark/question...

I'm a believer in Jesus. I believe in His crucifixion and resurrection from the dead. But Islam also makes a lot of sense to me and I believe Muhammad was a prophet. 

What can I do to reconcile the two differing beliefs? 

Can one reconcile the beliefs of Christianity and Islam?



Answer by Mike Muluk...

As my credentials tell you, I am an ex-Muslim Christian.

When I was a Muslim, I thought I could reach out to more of my Christian friends and try to convert them to Islam, if I had known more about their religion. I was probably at roughly the same point where you are right now, only from “the other side,” so to say.

I thought that I could somehow reconcile Christianity and Islam, because on the surface, those two world-religions seem to have so much in common:

Islam teaches monotheism, just like Christianity.

  • The protagonists of the Qur’an are 90% people from the Bible.
  • Islam teaches that Jesus was a prophet sent by Allah!
  • I thought: “What significance is a little difference of opinions regarding the crucifixion, right?”

Oh boy. Was I wrong!

After years of research (this was before the Internet), I came to the conclusion that the teachings of Islam and Christianity are not only mutually exclusive from one another, but I came to the conclusion that the teachings of Muhammad are the EXACT opposite from the teachings of Christ!

Read it all here..


No comments:

Most Popular Posts of last 7 Days